– Rich in antioxidants: carotenoids-vitamin A (lutein, zeaxanthin), betalains, chlorophyll, vitamin C and flavonoids (anthycyanins).
– Excellent source of vitamin B9.
– Very good source of manganese and potassium
– Good source of dietary fibers, amino acid(tryptophan), vitamin C and minerals like copper, iron, magnesium and phosphorus.
– Also contains the following nutrients: proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, amino acids, Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, E, and K, minerals like calcium, iodine, selenium, sodium and zinc.
– Body energizer due to carbohydrate content.
– Anti-tumor or anti Cancer properties. It prevents and fights cancers (breast, lung, stomach, colon, prostate, testicular) due to betacyanins (betaine) and beta-carotene contents.
– Cardiovascular protection. It reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases like hypertension and stroke. It also lowers blood LDL “bad” cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
– Lung protection. It strengthens lung functions. It reduces the risk of developing diseases like asthma.
– Digestive support. It relieves constipation due to high fiber or cellulose content. It acts also as an acid neutralizer because of its alkaline property thus, preventing ulcer formation.
– Liver protection. It stimulates liver function due to its betaines content. It prevents and treats liver disease(fatty liver) due to choline content that acts as liver detoxifier.
– In pregnancy, it prevents the risk of developing neural tube defects in the newborn due to folate content.
– Eye care. It protects and prevents eyes from developing eye cataract and Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) due to high content of Vitamin A (beta-carotene).
– Prevents and treats anemia due to its high iron and copper contents.
– Anti-inflammatory activity. It inhibits cyclo-oxygenase enzymes (COX-1 and COX-2) that trigger inflammation.
– Hormonal support. It stimulates sex hormone production due to its boron content and it increases fertility.