Glutathione is a major antioxidant highly active in human lungs and many other organ systems and tissues. The reduced active form L-glutathione or commonly called glutathione or GSH, is the most powerful natural antioxidant present in all the cells in our body.
“Glutathione is a very small molecule produced by the body and found in all types of cell and it is the body’s most important antioxidant because it is within the cell.” – According to Gustavo Bounous, MD, director of research and development at Immunotec and retired professor of surgery at McGill University in Montreal, Canada.
* Enhances skin whitening due to induction of Pheomelanin (light colored pigment) production and the inhibition of Eumelanin (dark/black pigment) formation.
* Protects the skin from UV sun damaging effects and other oxidative changes.
* Lightens skin hyperpigmentation, freckles, dark age spots and acne scars.
* Nourishes skin and gives a smoother and clearer skin.
* Slows aging process due to its anti-oxidant activity.
* Improves the immune system of HIV and AIDS patients.
* Detoxifies harmful agents including carcinogens and heavy metals like lead and mercury.
* Reduces the risk of cancer cell growth, proliferation and promotes apoptosis or cell death.
* Improves symptoms of liver cancer and sickle cell anemia.
* Increases drug’s effectiveness and reduces side effects (hair loss, depression, nausea, and kidney toxicity) of Cis-platinum, a chemotherapy drug for treating breast cancer.
* Reduces the risk of developing cataract, glaucoma and Age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
* Prevents lipid oxidation that can lead to the formation of atherosclerosis.
* Lowers high blood pressure.
* Improves secretion of insulin from the pancreas that can lower blood sugar level.
* Relieves symptoms of pulmonary cystic fibrosis, airway restrictive diseases and asthma.
* Improves liver function test in patients with hepatic diseases due to alcoholism, fatty liver and hepatitis.
CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM PROTECTION
* Reduces risk of developing and improves symptoms of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
* Increases male sperm counts.
Fruits – orange, avocado, peach, strawberries, watermelon
Vegetables – acorn, squash, asparagus, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, parsley, potato, spinach and tomato.
Fish and meat
* Glutathione for children is PROBABLY safe, BUT it SHOULD be under the supervision of a medical/healthcare provider.
* Glutathione for pregnant and breastfeeding women is still unknown for its safety. Consult first a medical/healthcare for proper instructions if the condition permits.
No known reports if taken in prolonged use.
Alcohol and Acetaminophen may decrease the level of Glutathione and its antioxidant activity.
One of the most effective application of Glutathione is through SUBLINGUAL.
Sublingual literally means under the tongue and refers to a method of administering substances orally in such a way that the substances are RAPIDLY and MORE EFFECTIVELY ABSORBED as compared to capsules or tablets via the digestive tract.
What is Sublingual Absorption?
“under the tongue” refers to a method of administering substances orally in such a way that the substance are rapidly and more effectively absorbed compared to capsules and tablets via the digestive tract.
Sublingual routes of administration have certain advantages over simple oral administration.
This route is faster, and entering a drug into one’s body under the tongue or sublingually ensures that the substance will only come in contact with the enzymes in saliva prior to entry into the bloodstream.