AMAZING HEALTH BENEFITS OF BROCCOLI:
* High antioxidant contents. It is rich in chlorophyll, flavonoids (kaempferol and quercitin), carotenoids (lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-carotene), vitamins A, C and E, indoles, sulphoraphane (potent detoxifier), and minerals such as manganese and zinc.
* Contains 3 glucosinolate pytonutrients (glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian, glucobrassicin) that participate in the body’s detoxification process, from activation, neutralization and removal of unwanted substances in the body.
* Excellent source of dietary fibers, vitamins A, B9(folic acid), C and K.
* Very good source of proteins, amino acid (tryptophan), omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins B2 and B6, and minerals such as magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and potassium.
* Good source of vitamins B1, B3, B5 and minerals like calcium and iron.
* Also contains carbohydrates and amino acids.
* Anti-tumor or anti-cancer properties. It has glucosinolates that possess anti-carcinogenic properties and Indole-3-carbonol that protects against cell growth and proliferation of breast, colon, bladder, ovarian and prostate cancer.
* Cardiovascular protection. It lowers blood LDL “bad” cholesterol level and high blood pressure.
* Reduces the risk of developing Diabetes mellitus(DM). It lowers blood sugar level by regulating insulin production due to chromium content.
* Digestive support. It relieves constipation due to high fiber content. It also has an anti-ulcer activity. It contains glucosinolates that prevent Helicobacter pylori overgrowth in the lining of the stomach.
* Eye care. Protects the eyes from developing blindness, cataract and age-related macular degeneration (AMD) due to its excellent source of vitamin A and carotenoids (lutien and zeaxanthin).
* Central Nervous System protection. It reduces the risk and prevents developing neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
* Anti-inflammatory property. It prevents and treats arthritis and other inflammatory process.
* Bone health. It prevents bone loss and osteoporosis due to high content of calcium and phosphorus.
* Skincare. Prevents and reduces the damaging effects of UV sun exposure.
* Prevents anemia due to high level of iron and vitamin C.
* Prevents vitamin D deficiency due to high content of vitamin A and K that keep vitamin D metabolism in proper balance.
* In pregnancy, it prevents the risk of developing neural tube defects in the newborn due to folate content.
* It has an anti-viral activity.